DIY CBD Balm
Boax Spectrum Strain is our most popular strain! Known for its energizing and pain relief effects this Boax Spectrum is our go-to to calm inflammation and for pre & post-exercise routines. With high levels of CBD, this flower is great for infusing into your favorite oil to apply topically on sore & fatigued muscles.
*For recipes allow 1-2 hours to decarboxylate your flower!
- 7-10 grams Boax CBD Hemp Flower
- 1.5 cups coconut oil
- 0.3 cups olive oil
- 0.3 cups beeswax pastilles
- Your Ardent Decarboxylator
- Glass Jar for infusing and jar for storing.
- Cheese Cloth & Sieve for straining
- Double boiler
Interested in purchasing an Ardent? Use this link for $60 of your purchase or use code: SOCIETY.
To make infused oil:
- Decarboxylate your flower in the Ardent Nova Decarboxlylator. Once complete place your decarbed flower in the glass jar with coconut oil.
- Put the jar back into the decarboxylator for a second cycle. *The second cycle will pull the THC or CBD from the plant and infuse it into the oil.
- When the process is complete, strain the plant material from the oil. *This oil will be the base for your balm/salve.
*Pro-tip! To strain your oil first line the sieve with cheesecloth and place over a large (4 cup measuring cup) pour oil into cheesecloth and give it time to strain. Once strained gather the cheesecloth by the edges and gently squeeze out excess oil from flower.
To make solid balm:
- Heat ⅓ c. beeswax pastilles in a double boiler until melted. Turn heat to low and add in 1.5 cups of your infused CBD coconut oil & ⅓ c. olive oil. Stir well until completely blended. Add essential oils during this step if preferred.
- Remove from heat and quickly pour into a storage container. *Do not seal the container until completely cooled!
*Pro-tip! You can test the solidity of your salve by pouring a tablespoon onto a saucer and placing it in the freezer. If the mixture is not solid enough add more beeswax.
Lavender & CBD Balm
Adding dried lavender to your balm will add to the sleep inducing and stress & pain relieving effects due to the terpene linalool which is also found abundantly in the cannabis strain Grand Daddy Purple. Simply add in dried lavender to the 2nd cycle of your extraction process.
Peppermint & CBD Balm
The scent of peppermint has the power to quell nausea, release tension and relieve headaches. This combination is also great to rub on sore joints and provides a cooling effect. Peppermint also wakes up the body & senses and is perfect partnered with Rocket Fuel CBD Flower. Simply add in dried peppermint leaf to the 2nd cycle of your extraction process.
Warming Pain Salve
You can also add warming essential oils to your salves, favorites include turmeric, cayenne & clove. The herbs will calm inflammation and bring warmth and circulation to the joint or muscle pain. Mix in essential oils just before the oils start to harden. Bubba Kush is a favorite for pain management.
The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act requires this notice.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.